The long way round Europe with Nic and Greg


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Ibiza » Port de Sant Miquel
September 26th 2012
Published: October 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 - Ibiza to Girona

Can’t believe the day has finally come for us to leave our lovely little Ibizenco abode to head for (not so) sunnier climates and pastures new. The sun has come out for us for one last time, and the only downside to the start of our day is the fact we’ve had to get up at the unsightly hour of 7.30am. I look and feel like an extra from Sean of the dead, whereas Greg seems quite fresh and raring to go. I wish I could share his enthusiasm, but as he knows well enough by now, give me another 2 or 3 hours and I shall be in a slightly more sociable mood again. Once more we load up wee Charlie, and then soon enough he is being bundled into the ferry on the way to Barcelona.

The ferry crossing is particularly uneventful apart from a few loud Italians disturbing our attempts at watching Celebrity Masterchef (yes really), and a hippie playing what can only be described as a cross between a trumpet and an electric keyboard.

9 hours later we arrive in Barcelona and manage to drive to Girona and find our hotel without getting lost once (must be my amazing navigation skills). The hotel is a holiday inn, but our room is massive and even has mood lighting in the bathroom. I really hope this is the start of things to come. The receptionist tells us that there are a few nice restaurants in the shopping mall next to our hotel, so we venture out to grab something to eat as we’re both starving. It’s probably just as well all the shops are shut as I can see me spending rather a lot of money in here…. There’s a nice looking American/Mexican restaurant that we decide upon as it makes a nice change from Spanish food, and order too large salads which taste as good as they look. We wash them down with two pints of cold beer, which at this moment taste like the best beer in the world. Fed, watered and satisfied, we head back to our hotel room and watch some tv before heading to bed, as we have another early start tomorrow…


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.1011s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb