In the beginning...


Advertisement
Published: March 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

21st March

Feeling guilty for leaving Charlotte with a very sick little Arthur but then an uneventful journey down to Fareham for a night’s stay before an early start to the ferry.

22nd March

After a stormy night up early & off to the ferry terminal. We obviously looked shifty as we were directed to the customs shed for a ‘search’! The Customs woman was enormous, asked for a step to get in the side door - which is no more than 15” off the ground. Tough, we don’t have one.. She couldn’t fit through the door but just made it sideways despite her enormous attributes. We keep a spare wheel in the area near the door & she couldn’t step over it! She soon gave up after a couple of cursory questions & opening of glove boxes to keep up appearances.

Onward to wait for boarding. The lanes next to us were for the Jersey ferry & of a dozen cars there were 3 Range Rover Vogue, an Aston Martin DB dooda & a ?McClaren, possibly a Ferrari, with the crass number plate of DE11BOY. No accounting for folks, especially those with tons of cash & no taste...

Billy is now on the top deck rocking & rolling with the swell...did I put the handbrake on? Pleasant sailing..

Chuckling to myself now as tomorrow is the first day abroad since the major trip with the satnav aka the Dyson...Cathy’s favourite toy!

Just heard the terrible news from London...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb