Prayers answered


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Asturias » Cudillero
April 23rd 2017
Published: April 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

23rd April

Happy St. George’s Day

And yes, Mr. & Mrs. Boring from Goring (Chester) have left, hooray! We had a lie in & then had breakfast outside in the warming morning although there was a heavy dew. A few people left & a few arrived including a couple who had stayed at the site in the mountains.

Off on the bikes to Cudillero & the chap on reception told us the last part was very steep. It was all downhill & about 3km, the first part a gentle descent, then steep & then suicidal – we got there within 10 minutes with our brakes glowing red...I lied about the last bit. The street got narrower & narrower & then opened out onto a big area full of tables & chairs for the very busy restaurants. Of course it was Sunday & was full of Spanish having their Sunday lunch & strolls around the little harbour. It was a great setting with houses perched up the steep hillside. We had a wander & watched the fishermen with their rods on the harbour wall. We thought we may go back tomorrow, have lunch, leave the bikes on the railing & walk around a path behind the hill.

So, back again, pushing the bikes up the 2 steep bits which took 25 minutes & cycled the remaining 10 minutes home. Sweaty Betty. Then it was peculiar- a sea fret rolled in & out for a good hour, it was as if a fog machine had been switched on, we could see it drifting in & out & the temperature dropping & rising 10* each time. Then it disappeared & it was grand for the rest of the afternoon.

The forecast is good again for tomorrow then mixed/poor for the rest of the week so in the morning we’ll get some washing done, get it on the line & get off, maybe to the beach instead of the town, who knows.

Oh Lord, a vocal couple from Yorkshire have poled up & parked up 20 yards away. Early night?


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb