We want ice cream!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Aragon » Jaca
September 10th 2019
Published: September 13th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Day 13
09/09
Tiermas to Jaca
I spent the morning trying to put the blog onto the website, but for reasons beyond my reconning, I couldn't get any photos to load, so frustrating! In the end I conceded and I'll have to wait until I can find Wi-Fi.
Maintenance was busy changing the engine thermostat to stop the engine overheating as we climb into the mountains.
We then gave Dream Catcher a good sprucing up as everything was still dusty from the desert.
After lunch we left our reservoir stop over heading to Anso, we spotted a castle on a hill and took a detour into Binies a very sleepy hill top village dominated by a castle. The castle appeared to be a private residence.
The drive took us up a beautiful deep sided gorge along a narrow road that passed through tunnels hued out of the cliffs, it followed a river that once had worn out this ravine. Anso is a beautiful village with narrow cobbled streets. Many of the old houses have large conical shaped chimneys. The church which as usual dominated the town had a very plain exterior, but when i popped inside was beautiful ornate with golden alters. One thing that Anso did not have, was an open shop that sold ice cream, very disappointing.
We then followed a forested pass back down until we reached Jaca, described as gateway to the western valleys of the Pyrenees. The old town is dotted with remnants of it's past as the capital of the 11th century kingdom.
As we drove into town we spotted a supermarket, we pulled in and shopped. The food here in Spain is cheaper then in France, and local wine Is around €1.60, a real bargain.
We found the Aires but it was full, so a quick search on our app and there is further suitable parking place not far away. We arrived in a pleasant spot by a park, behind a sport complex. During the night we had some rain and at around 4 in the morning, one side of Dream Catcher got an unexpected wash from the water sprinkler in the park!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.359s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb