More of Seville


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
May 29th 2013
Published: June 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today Laura left us 😞 We did try very hard to make her stay as she had got 2 flights (one for a week later) but she is also coming back to Seville in July so she left.

Dave and I decided to stay at the soho for one more night. Although we lost Laura , we got chatting to Jennifer who was a lovely Dutch girl. So we all decided to do more exploring as there was more to see of Seville. We ventured further out of the centre over the river (Jennifer was very excited to see the rowers as she rows back home).

I got excited as I realised the Museo de Arte Contemporaneo was just a little further down the road. We went in and I was happy...and the last to come out! Many of the works were about human behaviour and included digital technology. There was one dark open space with a projector projecting Spanish film onto the walls and floor. Of course I did not understand the language but I moved and danced around the space which was fun.

On our way back we went to see the 'giant mushroom' as we called it, a huge wooden structure in which you could see the whole of Seville from the top - it was pretty amazing. We also went underground (below the mushroom) to see the remains of a building from the roman times 4th - 6th century).

There was also a museum of Jesus Christ...

We headed back to the hostel where Maria and Dave tossed us up a salad then we went out for drinks with another 2 Dutch guys, Jasper and Steve.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb