Seville - City of Reunion and Celebration


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
December 22nd 2012
Published: December 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Seville was to be our city of reunion and celebration. On the reunion front we last saw George and Emma in July when they left Totnes in their camper van bound for Denmark and the start of their trip around Europe. It was planned that we would meet up with them in Southern Spain after they had travelled down through Europe from Denmark and Sweden. Seville was to be our point of reunion. We flew from Bristol to Faro in Portugal, hired a car and then drove 200km to Seville where we all met up. It was wonderful to see them both looking fit and well.

On the celebratory front it was my birthday on the 19th and without giving too much away it was one of those birthdays that deserves to be marked by a special event. Our four day trip to Seville was to be the special event with the added bonus of the reunion with George and Emma.

Seville offers delights such as its magnificent cathedral (said to be the largest in the world), the Giralda tower and the splendid Royal Palace known as the Alcazaba. I will let the photographs show their splendour. We also sent time visiting the remarkable Plaza de Espana and Maria Luisa Park.

Besides visiting the delights of the city we spent many a pleasant hour or two at the numerous tapas bars scattered about the city. There we not only sipped a few beers, wine and finos but tasted the numerous tapas that were on offer. It was wonderful to be able to sit out in the evening and enjoy our drink and tapas without feeling the cold.

One of the highlights of the trip was the celebratory birthday dinner at one of the restaurants highly rated in the Rough Guide where we experienced a traditional tasting menu backed up with fine wines. The food, drink and service were wonderful. An evening to remember.

We are back in rainy Devon and well refreshed for Christmas. George and Emma are now on a camping site on the coast near Cadiz before heading for Granada. It will not be long before we see them again as they are returning to the UK from their travels in January.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



22nd December 2012

Lovely !
Loved the blog and photos again John. Glad your memorable birthday was celebrated in style and you saw your little boy all safe and well! happy achristmas and see you in2013 xx
22nd December 2012

Memories
Congrats John - hope you enjoy your "retirement" !!!!!!! These pics brought back memories of Michael and my holiday in Seville - I can almost smell the orange trees. Emma and George look so happy (and so youthful!). Hope you are both well and have a Happy Christmas. Much love xx

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb