TOUR DAY THREE


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
December 30th 2011
Published: January 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

SEVILLE AT LEISURE

Today was a complete free day to explore Seville. There was an optional excursion to Cordoba to see the Moorish castles. However, instead of joining them on what was apparently a great excursion, to do some shopping along our street at the local chain stores.

There was plenty to see and some nice sales as well. This was first of many visits to stores like lefties, el cortes ingles, zara and other European stores.

Then we went to Maccas - for market research of course to see how the Spaniards like their burgers and all. And man was the place packed - very very popular. Waited about half an hour just to get to the front of the line. And of course, the free WiFi may have been a contributing factor to the time we spent there.

Then we popped over to the cafe right next door where the WiFi was apparently even better. We ended up spending over two hours stealing the free WiFi and since no one was actually online from Australia since it was 2 in the morning there...we entertained ourselves by merely Facebooking each other. Sad but sadly necessary.

Then that night we went to a nice Tapas dinner back in Old Seville. First we stopped off at this gorgeous, illuminated square that has apparently been used in numerous movies (such as Star Wars as Princess Leia's palace or something).

The tapas place was rather interestingly decorated with legs of ham and olives and grapes and stuff. The tapas themselves were very interesting and really nice. There was the classic Spanish omelette, Spinach, bruschetta toppings and then our first paella in Spain.

We ended up being crazily full. I assumed tapas were only going to be small dishes and so we'd end up finally having a decent sized meal. Ended up having so much to eat...the most since we'd come actually.

The walk back to the bus was not nearly enough to walk off the entire meal but I'm glad we went to the dinner - trying the Spanish specialities.

It merely confirmed the fact that Spanish food is great despite eating so late. We're gonna gain a LOT of weight this trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb