A Place Called Ronda


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Ronda
December 30th 2007
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I’m glad we got up early and managed to beat the hoards of fellow day trippers to Ronda. Obviously an incredibly popular place to visit and it’s not hard to see why.

Ronda was everything I expected to see in Andalusia. The closer we got to Ronda, the more attractive the landscape became. The ranges of Serrania de Ronda were a welcome relief after miles and miles of sterile olive groves stretching as far as the eye could see.

Ronda is a small town with an amazing location. It’s sits right on the edge of a 100m gorge called El Tajo. The gorge separates the two parts of the town and is spanned by three ancient bridges, the most impressive being a 17th century bridge called Puente Nuevo.

The old Muslim town had all the twisty cobbled streets and pretty little stone buildings that all visitors love.

We explored all through the old town and had an authentic tapas experience in the sun in a plaza away from the crowds.

The only problem with Ronda, is that we could have stayed much longer than we did. We were both keen to walk to the bottom of the gorge to photograph the bridge from below but unfortunately we had to make tracks to check out El Torcal before heading back to Granada.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Linking upLinking up
Linking up

Puente Nuevo. The new bridge that links up the two parts of the town.
No bullNo bull
No bull

Ronda has one of the old bull fighting rings in Spain.
Down into the gorgeDown into the gorge
Down into the gorge

Glad that cameras have neckstraps..


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb