Day 52 Ronda


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Ronda
June 9th 2018
Published: June 9th 2018
Edit Blog Post

There are a few things that cannot escape you in Spain. A house or building may be ‘run-down’ but you can bet your bottom dollar that the door will be immaculate. Another are that the window edges will be painted to have them stand out. They usually have flowers adorning them too. The paths, squares and street roads will be cobble stone with a patterned design for sure. The hit-you-in-your-face or should I say stomach is that they definitely do close down from 2-3 o’clock to 8; even later for some. Also, the variety and number of seating benches available for use. Trees and plants are aplenty in every street. The not-so-good stand-out is that many, many people smoke; old and young.

Today we walked various ‘walking routes’ as suggested by a book given to us by Jane’s cousin, Mary. We did get off the suggested routes, many times by accident, however that proved to be good fortune, as seeing off-the-beaten-track areas gives one more of a cultural experience. ‘Refreshments’ are always in order when a break is required.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement















Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb