Malaga, Spain in the 2005


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
May 22nd 2009
Published: May 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Ok. First off I have to say this is an AMAZING country. The lifestyle is one to envy. Wake up in the morning work for a couple hours. At noon everything shuts down for two hours for seista then re-opens and by eight o'clock it is pretty much only bars and dance clubs open. You start the night at a bar or small salsa bar and when you are kicked out at two in the morning you move on to a large discoteca until sunrise. Tons of historical sights to check out throughout the day, haggling in street markets, and beautiful mediterranean coastline. I fell in love with the temperate climate, laid back lifestyle, and fun loving people.

If you do not speak Spanish fluently to not freak out. I was very rusty since I had only had a couple of years of basic Spanish in High School years ago. As long as you attempt to communicate with people in Spanish, they will quickly notice you are having trouble and most of the people we ran into can speak English (along with one to three other languages). So, be humble and respectful. Start off in Spanish and they will probably reply in English. Overall the people were very willing to go out of their way to help us and talk to us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

view from our condoview from our condo
view from our condo

the beach is straight out about 6 blocks downhill
funky little restaurantfunky little restaurant
funky little restaurant

We wound up at this tiny little restaurant on our way to Ronda that may have been the two old lady's kitchen. Although I said most people we ran into spoke English, I guess that only pertains to the coastal regions. My friend is very fluent in Spanish but had no idea what these old ladies were saying. We ended up eating what felt like two Thanksgiving dinners because they just kept brining food out. Still a cheap meal though.
bull fighting ringbull fighting ring
bull fighting ring

I didn't get a chance to see a bull fight but they are very common in this country. Alot of art work is devoted to capturing the bravery of the bull fighter and the sacrifice of the bull.
RondaRonda
Ronda

Took a bus ride of about 3 hours to get to Ronda
castle wall in Rondacastle wall in Ronda
castle wall in Ronda

don't be fooled. that is about a 300ft drop right behind them!


Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb