Malaga


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga
May 21st 2008
Published: May 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

After 2 days sailing past the North African Coast of Tunisia, Algeria & Morocco, we arrived at Malaga, Spain on the 20th of May. We had a half day tour scheduled which turned out to be terrific. First stop was the Castillo de Gibralfaro which means Castle of the Lighthouse Rock which overlooks the city and gave us some great views and photo opts. Next we hit the Bull Ring and Museum and got a history lesson on bull fighting past and present. We were amazed at the costs of the sport today. Bull Fighters can get paid over 100,000 Euro for one fight and it costs over 100 Euro for a seat. Next we got to tour the famous Cathedral of Malaga which was as beautiful as the one we saw in Valletta. Our last stop was the Flamenco Dance Studio where we saw a first class performance while we munched on some Tapas and drank a little sweet wine.

Rather than return to the ship, we asked to be let off in the center of town so we could explore the city on our own. The weather was in the low 70's so it was a perfect day to meander through the back streets of this beautiful multi-cultural city. Picasso was born here so we stopped by his birthplace and museum where they are celebrating 125 years since his birth. I was able to convince Suzanne that we needed to balance shopping with a nice walk along the beach so I could add to my shell collection. We finished our walk with a Combo Tapas Platter which included some unique dishes and a great tasting local cerveza.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb