Study Trip Malaga Day 1: The Arrival


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Málaga » Malaga
November 26th 2017
Published: November 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We are Naomi, Marie, and Dae, and together we are the owners and representatives of Nomad Vacations. Today, Nomad Vacations' journey to Málaga began. At 6AM we met on the airport in Eindhoven, where we quickly passed security. The flight was only 2.5 hours, and Dae slept the entire way! Upon arrival we were impressed with the size of the airport of Málaga, which was way bigger than we expected.
After following the clearly mentioned signs, we got in a taxi. The kind man quickly brought us to the hotel, where we were dropped off right in front of the accommodation!
We had notified the hotel of our early arrival, and in only 10 short minutes we got the card to our room.
Room 408, located on the 4th flour, is accessible by 2 elevators and 2 different sets of stairs. It has a spacious bathroom and comfortable beds. One thing which was less good, was the view. However, this did not matter that much since we'd be outside almost all the time.
After a quick change of clothing we walked towards our first activity: picking up the rented bikes. It was a short walk, and we easily found the destination by looking on maps. But, once we arrived, we found out that we could only use the bikes from 7AM to 10PM. This was due to the fact that the bikes would have to be stalled outside since the accommodation did not have a place to put them inside. This was not allowed by the company. We changed our plans, and rescheduled for the next day, as we wanted to explore the city by foot today. Tomorrow we will check with other bike rental companies if they have the same policy or not. If not, another bike rental would be the preferred alternative for future trips not Malaga.
After, we intended to go to Méson Iberico, but upon arrival we discovered it was closed. We decided to walk a little further and sit down to have a drink at a café. This was the smartest option, as it was 12:20PM and most restaurants wouldn't open until 1PM. After the drink went to another restaurant which we passed on our way to the bike rental, Antigua Málaga. This restaurant had a really nice look, and kind staff. They offered different kinds of foods such as fish, paella, different kinds of meat, scrambled eggs, and even dessert! We extremely enjoyed the dishes, which had an excellent price/quality balance.
After lunch we walked around to do some sightseeing and get familiar with the area. On our way back to the hotel we came across several forms of street art nearby the CAC Museum. This museum was only +/- 50 metres from the hotel and had an exhibition of modern art. We entered and had a look, the entrance was free. We enjoyed the visit, but it was hard to find a meaning behind many art works.
After visiting the museum we went back to the hotel for a moment to get some rest. Since we did not sleep much during the night, Marie and Dae took a short nap. In Spain it is very common to take a short 'siesta' in the afternoon.
At 6:30 we left the hotel and headed to the centre. Compared to the early afternoon, the streets were immensely crowded. This was most likely due to the sales in shops, and Christmas festivities in the centre. The area was decorated with lots of lights and there were several gigantic Christmas trees on different locations. We did some shopping and enjoyed the entertainment of several street performers.
We had made a reservation at L'Experience, a lovely restaurant next to the Cathedral. We had the opportunity to enjoy a nice meal with an incredible view.
After dinner we walked back to the hotel, and curled op in our blankets. Time for a good night sleep after a long day of fun activities!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Street ArtStreet Art
Street Art

The entire text said : El poder de la imaginacion nos hace infinitos. A quote by John Muir
Food! Food!
Food!

Lovely food from L'experience


Tot: 0.258s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb