Siesta the Day Away


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
July 4th 2014
Published: July 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

July 4, 2014



Last night I finally arrived in Granada around 9 pm with just enough juice on my phone to contact my host who was meeting me to hand over the keys to my apartment. Hatha, a lovely woman with curly hair and a bright smile escorted me up the tight alley to my apartment on Calle Panaderos. It is quaint and charming with tall ceilings and wooden beams. I have a small kitchenette with a dining table and a futon and a cozy room that perfectly accommodates one person. She insisted I contact her if I need anything and she invited me to visit her at her health food shop right up the way. We also made tentative plans to meet for a drink once I'm settled in.



As exhausted as I was from traveling, I decided I wasn't yet ready to hit the hay. So I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and headed out for a short stroll. I noticed tons of hippies with their traveling packs and canine companions as well as older couples walking hand in hand. one woman carried her laundry and a flamenco dancer walked home after her performance at the theater down the road. I decided to stop in at an outdoor restaurant for a glass of wine and more people watching. While I was there, I also decided to order a plate of croquettes followed by another glass of wine. I returned home full and relaxed.



The last I remember from last night is watching a few Jimmy Fallon clips on YouTube before falling asleep. Then I woke up around 3 am to the sound of my neighbors above the patio engaged in a late-night conversation. It was hot in my room and the air felt stale so I opened the giant wooden shutters in the bedroom to let in some fresh air. I eventually fell back asleep around 5 am and would not wake up again until 5 pm! Somehow I managed to sleep all day! I think tonight I'll get a little lost finding the perfect view of the Alhambra!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb