Granada day 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
June 8th 2007
Published: June 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke up early to go see the Alhambra. We awoke at 7am, and trekked up the steep hill while we were half asleep. The site was amazing, and the gardens seemed to go on forever. Later that day, we went for a falafel and then walked around the city for a bit.

In the evening, we met up with one of the other Canadians who Irfan and Shaiza had met on their ride to Granada, and she brought 2 of her friends from her hostel. We walked around some side streets and eventually arrived at a Hooka bar. The street was strikingly Middle-Eastern looking - it felt like being in a Shuk, without the excessive haggling, and with Spanish writing on signs.

The nargila was quite good and reasonably priced - the highlight was when a group of 7 loud middle-aged British woman peeked their heads in, and we convinced them to stay. They were the life of the party! They had left their husbands back in England to play golf, and they all came to Spain, clearly for a good time. They had obviously never smoked a hookah before, and provided entertainment for us for the rest of the night.

After the hookah bar we walked around and went Tapas bar hopping again. We eventually found some decent food that didnĀ“t contain ham (very difficult to find). We then went to a club, and were the first ones there, but the girls we were with were the life of the party, and eventually the club filled up.

Went to bed at 4;30am...again

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb