Falling with style


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Algodonales
March 19th 2005
Published: September 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Easter 1Easter 1Easter 1

Not what you think
Hello and welcome to Mark and Gills travel journal. Apologies to all who expected this site to be running months ago, but as most of you will appreciate we're not the most organised of people!

We started our 'journey' in Spain, spending 4 weeks in Algodonales, in the south, and then travelling around the coast for 2 weeks. While in 'Algo' we spent 3 weeks with Fly Spain (in conjunction with Lijar Sur - Spanish school), and qualified (thanks Rob and José) with a 'Para-pro 3' paragliding pilot rating, (equivalent to elementary and club pilot in England for anyone interested).

For anyone considering paragliding we'd recommend this region of Spain and the school. Set in the Grazelema national park with 3,500 ft mountains, the flying is amazing. We completed our course with a number of breath taking flights with the vultures. We won't labour this because you've all been bored stupid by our stories and pics already, simply to say it's a beautiful area, the local people are lovely, and the transient flying community are great and very supportive of all levels of pilot. (Hello to everyone in Algo, hope you're all well and drinking lots in Johan and Jackie's bar).

Just a few notable points about the other areas of Spain we visited; Tarifa is lovely (and quite cheap if you find the right accommodation), public transport is good and cheap (especially compared to the UK), and Malaga was a complete surprise with lovely architecture and tapas in the old town.

We left Spain on a high, and spent a couple of weeks visiting friends and relatives back in England. Must say - thanks to everyone who kindly accommodated us, in particular Jane who lent us her whole house for a week. Thank you also to family who are kindly storing our 'precious' things.

Next destination - Delhi, which meant flying from Heathrow. It was a first for both of us, tainted by the ceiling at passport control falling on our heads (just missing us to be fair). If we'd thought faster we'd have tried for an upgrade!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



1st April 2006

Wonderful to hear
Just Goat back form Cannads, got your email Mark, Fantastic to hear form you both and really loving the pics of your travels - Inspiring Jim and I to get our Act together soon. Take care of each other - Hugs Stu

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 91; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb