Travel Day: Zagreb Croatia - Bled, Slovenia


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
July 13th 2012
Published: July 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Friday, July 13, 2012 Zagreb, Croatia – Bled, Slovenia



Today was another travel day. After breakfast we made our way to the train station. We had bought our tickets to Ljubljana, the capital, but realized we could go strait to Bled. While Zach went and exchanged our train tickets I went to the post office to buy stamps and mail some more postcards. We met back at the ticket office and still had almost two hours to kill. Neither one of us could decide what to do so we wandered around the underground mall for a bit. We wanted to get some snacks for the train ride so we were looking for sandwiches and we stumbled upon a pizza place. They were the largest pizzas I have ever seen. One slice was like a whole personal pizza. They were so big that it had to be folded to get in the to go bag. We wandered back to the station and sat on the platform and ate our pizzas and fed the pigeons with our crust.



After we ate (I know I said they were for the train, but they smelled so good we couldn’t wait) Zach went to the mini grocery store to buy some waters for the ride and try to exchange Croatian Kunas to Euros. While he was busy our Finnish friends from the ride to Zagreb showed up! I asked what time their train was and replied 12:30. Same train as us! We found our seats and hoped we wouldn’t get kicked out because it seemed very nice (especially compared to the hot non air-conditioned ride to Zagreb that we stood for most of the time). We traded information so we could keep in touch. They wrote their names down but I don’t know how to say them! Anyway…they got off at Ljubljana so we said our goodbyes. 45 minutes later we get to Bled and grab a taxi to our hostel. When we get to our hostel, this cute old lady answers the door and takes us to our room. She was so sweet and her English was excellent. Oh, on a side note, Croatia and Slovenia both teach English throughout grade school.



The little old woman told us of a great place to eat up the road so that is where we went. I had beefsteak filet with mushrooms and Zach had smoked trout with horseradish sauce. Now its time to relax. We are in hopes to find a place to rent bicycles tomorrow otherwise we will find our way to the lake and hopefully take a little rowboat ride.

Happy Friday the 13th!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0848s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb