Slovenia gives birth to nice people, and beautiful country!


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia
April 22nd 2010
Published: May 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After traveling through 4 countries in one day, we made it to Lake Bled! Instantly, we found out how nice the people are in this little town. We arrived late, but luckily the train station was adjacent to a bar where I asked a random group of people how to get where we were staying and they happily offered to drive us there!

When we got to the hostel, the receptionist was equally as nice and personable. The hostel (Traveler's Haven) was pretty awesome too...free bikes, free internet, free laundry! AND, because of the volcano in Iceland disrupting travel, we had the place all to ourselves.

We took advantage of the free bikes and rode them all over the place. The Lake was pretty rad, the water is like an emerald green color. We heard about a hiking route where there was a pretty good view at the top of the lake, so we went. For how prepared we were, the hike was a little steep, Megan fell several times and the view would have been better had there not been so many trees in the way.

We also checked out the huge gorge in the area! The path going through the gorge reminded me of Indiana Jones cause of the wooden bridges going along the rocks and across the river. I'm a dork. Anyways, the water was super clear and had the same tint of green as the lake almost.

The other lake in the area, Bohinji, was rad and we continued our workouts of the week by hiking to the big waterfall in the area!

We didn't forget to try the areas quintessential cream cake...it lived up to it's legend, thank God.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb