GOLF SLOVENIA-PART ONE


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Bled
November 22nd 2008
Published: November 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

DRIVING RANGEDRIVING RANGEDRIVING RANGE

SPECTACULAR VIEW OF THE ALPS
When Elysee and I contemplate where in the world we might spend the summer, golf is consideration. Not that we are accomplished golfer, far from that. But we enjoy the pastime, and travel with our clubs. We look for a playable course at a reasonable price, and were delighted to find just such a combination minutes outside the village of Bled, that we were strongly considering for a summer-long stay.

Bled Golf and Country Club is the oldest course in Slovenia, est. 1937, and the home of several annual tournaments.Even though it is surrounded by the Karavanke portion of the Alps, it is not a mountain course. There are several climbs of 100 feet to elevated greens, but mostly the fairways are undulating with only a few blind tee shots. The men's tees from the tips are 6881 and the women's 6199. The is also a nine hole second course that can be played twice. So overall, a challenging 27 hole layout, amid spectacular scenery. We played all our gold there for the summer we were in Slovenia and were treated wonderfully by the staff.

As with many European courses walking with a pull cart is the norm, and
PUTTING OUTPUTTING OUTPUTTING OUT

HARD TO FOCUS WITH THIS SETTING
course management does not overly rely on cart fees for revenue. It is a decent workout to walk Bled, but that is how golf was meant to be played.

Not to mention,it makes the very good pils draft beer at the end of the round taste that much more enjoyable.
The staff at Bled Golf could not have been more accommodating. They allowed Elysee and I to become "unofficial" members, provided us with reduced green fees, free bag storage and use of a locker. Clean lockers and showers, a wide-ranging menu, and a 1/2 liter of beer at $2.25. Can't get a better experience.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb