Koper


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Istria » Koper
July 26th 2017
Published: July 27th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This morning we woke up to another country as our ship the Riveria had travelled overnight from Venice to Koper. Although Koper was a pretty little town there was not enough sightseeing to fill a day, luckily Ron had discovered that half an hour away there was an intersting seaside town to visit called Piran. We soon found a taxi in Koper to take us to Piran, the driver was very informative about the country we passed through and we saw lots of olive groves and wineries as we drove along the coast.

Arriving in Piran we found it to be a lovely seaside town with lots of european holiday makers swimming along the waterfront. We had arranged for our driver to drop us off at the top of the town so we could walk the city walls before descending the cobbled streets to the waterfront. We found a lovely place to sit and people watch while enjoying the cooling sea breeze, a cold drink and a view across the sea towards the Alps. After a walk around the town we had the best chocolate orange torte and coffee at the Hotel Piran, we both agreed we could have easily stayed a little longer if we didn't have a ship waiting to take us to our next port Ancona.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.337s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 59; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb