Travel Day: Poprad, Slovakia - Kosice, Slovakia - Miskolc, Hungary


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia
July 8th 2012
Published: July 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sunday July 8, 2012

Travel Day Poprad, Slovakia - Kosice, Slovakia - Miskolc, Hungary



So, yesterday a couple checked into Pension Gabriel (in Novy Smokovec) from Poland. We asked if they recommended any other towns nearby and they told us about a few places to check out. One of them being Miskolc, Hungary. They have cave baths. The Karst caves have been eroded with medicinal waters that have been used since the 14th century by Benedictine monks.



We went to the local information center and found out what train we needed to get on to get to Poprad from Stary Smokovec. We made it to Poprad and bought our tickets for the train to Miskolc. We had a transfer in Kosice in which we relaxed at a café for a few hours before our next train. Unfortunately we got on the wrong train from Poprad but we were able to pay the conductor for the ride to Kosice.



After our layover, we boarded the correct (YAY!) train to Miskolc. We found a
bank-o-mat to get some Hungarian forints to pay a taxi to get to our hostel (when we say hostel, its more like a bed and breakfast in the states). Anyway, our hostel owner was so excited to have us as guests. It is such a nice place and he gave us a room with a balcony. Perfect to hang our clothes to dry.

Advertisement



9th July 2012

Flexible
It is so exciting to hear about how you visit with fellow travels or peoples of the area to find out about the area. It is so neat to hear. It is also a skill set to step back and let go of schedules and expectations. That is a skill set to carry with you forever. No worry be happy. Jay and Family are packing and moving forward. Final papers still in the mill, but all is well. Keep sending pictures helps me live through your experience. I love you both.
9th July 2012

Maps
Oh I do not know how hard the map is, but it is so great and helpful to see your steps. Keep it coming is my vote. Mom

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb