rachel & me


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region » Bratislava
September 1st 2006
Saved: May 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

reunited in slovakia with my travelling companion from western australia 2003. we had a great time. hanging out in bratislava -home of the UFO bridge, a 50 year old castle, a cool tv tower with classy revolving restrurant and very grumpy customer service staff.

i went for a few bike rides, spent hours in the supermarkets trying to tell the difference between rice, corn and wheat based products and caught cool old trams around town.

we went to budapest for a weekend, stayed in an awesome apartment and spent the afternoon at the gellert spa house.

i took a trip to vienna went to the catherdral, watched the itlay v's france football match at the pub, took the ferris wheel and ate cake at one of the millions of cake shops.

we went to prague and couchsurfed with some nice german boys who took us to a few cool bars and encouraged us to drink more shots than either of us could handle. the next morning hangover and tired we accidently locked ourselves in a stair-well. but we made it to the train... just. and cured our hangovers with with coffee, eggs and coke in the dining car on the ride back to bratislava.

i went to london and meet rachel's friend gilly. i stalled him for a few hours in the pub (didn't have to twist his arm too hard) and then rachel arrived and we spent a few days in london. caught the eye and wandered around.


Additional photos below
Photos: 49, Displayed: 22


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

7th October 2006

Great photos Nina
Terrific to see Rachael and where she lives

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb