A second friend!


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region » Bratislava
August 21st 2008
Published: August 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Our last day in Polannd was very wet, we had great plans to see all of the things that we weren't able to on Friday, due to the holiday, but after wandering around Krakow all morning in the rain, we dis covered that everything was shut on the Saturday too.

After eating too much Sauerkraut for lunch, we retreated to our hostel and got dry and warm again.
The afternoon was spent watching the Olympics, amd preparing ourselves for the 7am train the next morning, that meant leaving the hostel at 6am!

The journey to Bratislava was pleasantly uneventful, although we did have to share a carraige for five hours with two four year old hyperactive twins called julian and oscar shindler.... Not good when you're feeling particularly tired!

our day in brataslava was spent waking around the city lookig at the castle, which was a let down as half of it was covered in scalfolding and the other half tyhe grounds of it was being restored, so nothing really to see there.

The view from the top was amazing though, you could see right the way across the city, past the rather large concrete bridge that was rather sensitively built by the communists after wiping out the jewish quarter of the city to make way for it.

We retired from our walking and had dinner in a recommended pub, that served soup in bread bowls? Amazing.
We bumped into a guy called Harrison (trend?) who has been backpacking for about 3 months already, and is from Sydney. We met him originally in the hostel in Krakow, as we shared a dorm for a night.

It also transpired that we were staying in the same place here too, so we spent the evening together, and whiled away some time in the bar at the hostel!

The next morning we bumped into him again (this time in a Tescos in which we were buying some lunch for a picnic), so we have decided to travel together for a while as he is doing the same route as us before we fly home!

so we caught the same train to hungary again uneventful, and we started our stint in Budapest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb