Day 5 - Budapest - Bratislava - Vienna


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia » Bratislava Region » Bratislava » Old Town
October 19th 2023
Published: October 20th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

BUDAPEST TO BRATISLAVA TO VIENNA


Additional maps: Budapest to Bratislava to Vienna

Today was not only 3 cities in 1 day but 3 countries - Breakfast in Hungary, Lunch in Slovakia and Dinner in Vienna.

Today we left Budapest, not on the boat but by bus as someone had pulled the plug on the Danube and no river boats can transverse between Vienna and Budapest. So it was on to buses for us today - we only managed 5 minutes before an American realised they have left their passport in the boats safe!! Always 1.

When we got to Bratslava ( about 2.5 hours by bus) Leonie and I decided we needed to earn ice cream so hiked up to Bratslava Castle and enjoyed the views over the Danue.

We had a walk around the old city and found a cool little cafe to have a traditional Slovakian lunch - I tried the dumplings with sheeps cheese, sour cream and bacon and Leonie had dumplings with cabbage and bacon. Both were delicious and filling ( but fifnt stip us from having the ice cream we deserved!)

After lunch we regrouped and headed to Vienna. We had dinner on the boat but no time to explore Vienna today - bit we do have a big day planned for tomorrow.

We managed to walk around 9 kms today.




Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb