Day 3.1 – Thursday 10th September 2015 – Novi Sad, Serbia


Advertisement
Europe » Serbia » North » Novi Sad
September 10th 2015
Published: January 30th 2016
Edit Blog Post

So… what’s on today. Travel to the border town of Szeged and cross into the province of Vojvodina in Serbia. Enjoy a stop in Novi Sad, the capital of the province, set on the River Danube and famed for its Petrovaradin Fortress

Wake up call… 6.30am
Bags out and Breakfast… 7.15am
Departure… 8am

Woke up and had a shower, packed and put our bags outside the room before heading down for breakfast. I love the concierge service, just put your bag out and it will arrive in your next hotel room… Unless you were Steph and Art who’s bags went missing. Steph got hers back when we arrived in Serbia, Tedon the other had did not get his back until Bucharest!!! What a stress… that’s a story for later.

Breakfast was good, the usual holiday hotel meal with a few random Hungarian “Treats”. I think I ate my usual Cheese, Chocolate spread and croissants.

We boarded the coach and headed off on our 2 hour dive to the Serbian border. The weather was horrid but I jumped out and took a quick photo of the country sign anyway. As Serbia is not part of the EU we had to get out and have our passports stamped (OMG I can’t remember the last time I had my passport stamped). We lost an hour too.



After getting through boarder control we made our way to Novi Sad and the Petrovaradin Fortress however the weather was so bad no one really wanted to go anywhere. Most of us ended up in McDonalds. It was dry and they had cake. Quick visit in Novi Sad then we carried on driving to Belgrade.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0983s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb