Sunday: Moscow and Kiev


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia
September 5th 2010
Published: September 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Still on flight from Toronto;



Dinner was served about 18:30. Not bad. Fish with rice.
Got no sleep on flight. Too loud (pack earplugs next time), and was very rough. Turbulence most of the flight.
Breakfast (Omelet) was served about 6:30 (local time).

Arrive in Moscow, Russia


Moscow looks gorgeous from the sky. A huge city in the middle of country space. Not what I was expecting.
Landed at DME in Moscow at about 8:50
Exiting the plane, we had to go down a mobile staircase to a waiting shuttle. The shuttle then brought us to the entrance.

Went through immigration. Walked along the airport for a short bit. Found Transaero Business Lounge near the end.
Glad I registered with the Transaero Privilege program. That granted me access to the Business Lounge.
Complimentary food and drink. Found a comfy lounge chair near the back. Laid down and got maybe 45 minutes doze time.
Went for another walk through the airport. Browsed the duty-free shops.
Returned to the Business Lounge to try to get more sleep. Manged to get about an hour and a half this time.
Left the Business Lounge to find the gate for the flight to Kiev about 16:45.
Shuttle for the plane arrived about 17:30.
Took shuttle to the tarmac where the plane was waiting. Again, board by portable stairs.
Dinner was served on this flight too! Just a small sandwich and salad, but pretty good.

Arrive in Kiev, Ukraine


Flight was 1 hour, 50 minutes long, but the Kiev local time is 1 hour behind Moscow, so we landed at 18:40 local time.
Entered airport, went through immigration. My driver was waiting with the sign with my name on it inside the airport.
He was in a crowd of people, so I didn't get a picture.
He drove me to the apartment. Checked in, paid for the driver from the airport.
Receptionist looked up details for the train from Kiev to Poltava. Train leaves Kiev at 15:59 and will arrive in Poltava at 20:24.
Also booked and paid for a driver for 14:00 on Monday to bring me to the train station.
Went up to the apartment .. quite nice. Settled in, emailed Svetlana with arrival time for Poltava (she'll meet me at the railway station), updated facebook, took a hot jacuzzi bath, and went to bed - exhausted!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.265s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb