NEW REVISED RUSSIA


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia
January 13th 2009
Published: January 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

it all started off as a good day, and there were many beautiful sightings. we saw Russia's largest forest reserves (filled with carniferous trees) and is known as "The Lungs of Europe", second only to the Amazon Rainforest in the amount of carbon dioxide it absorbs. one fifth of the world's remaining forrests are found in Russia, and 75% of them are found in Siberia, Russia. With access to the Atlantic, Arctic and Pacific — Russian fishing fleets are a major part to the world's fish supply (including ocean salmon, halibut, hering, and cod; Russian cavier is less because of a dam that was built). we also saw some of the Russia's extensive coastline of over 23,000 mi. along the Arctic and Pacific Oceans, as well as the Baltic Sea, Sea of Azov, Black and Caspian seas. it was freezing over here because the coldest month in the country is january as it is -90 degrees (long cold winters, short cool summers. it includes includes- tundra, subarctic, humid continental, and steppe are all climates found here.)......couldn't have waited a few months?!?! mr livingston told us that the nation's history began with the East Slavs and it was founded and ruled by a noble Viking warrior class and their descendants. to some people, it may be interesting but to me, no! i learned that Russia is the largest country in the world, covering more than an eighth of the Earth’s land area and it has 142 million people making it the ninth largest country by population. it spans across 11 time zones it has a great range of environments and landforms. Russia has the greatest reserves of mineral and energy resources in the WORLD!!!! rescources include; petrollium, coal, natural gas, nickel, aluminum, platnum metals, fish, hydroelectricity, and and timber. they also have 1/4 of the planets unfrozen water!!


~NICK~

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb