Just another monday.


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Saint Petersburg
September 25th 2006
Published: October 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rostral ColumnsRostral ColumnsRostral Columns

Looking towards the Rostral Columns at Birzhevaya Ploshchad on Vasilievskiy Island from Dvortsovyy Most.
Once again, up at 8! It has certainly dropped a few degrees. Even the locals are wearing thicker coats now and my breath was steaming this morning. Today was the first day of our new timetable, which meant that we had different teachers for different subjects and were given our syllabi. They have certainly cranked the pressure up a bit now - the lessons today were much harder!

After school we went for lunch in a café that Leanne, Debs and Nathan had discovered yesterday on Vasilievskiy Island, which was very nice. Afterwards half of the group went home while Leanne, Tom, Nathan and I headed for ‘Kunst Kammer’, which is technically known as the anthropological museum, but better known as Peter the first’s personal freak show of strange things. Sounded excellent, but as it was Monday it was closed. Wasted walk and an absolute beginner’s error! We decided to sack it off and I headed home to attack my ridiculous backlog of blog…


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

The Hermitage & Winter PalaceThe Hermitage & Winter Palace
The Hermitage & Winter Palace

The Hermitage Museum & Winter Palace as seen from Dvortsovyy Most.


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb