A whole different world!


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Saint Petersburg
March 24th 2006
Published: March 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

To St Peter

up to this point on my journey. however, all i saw of london or milan was the airport.

010101

Cossak dancers
WOW! as we flew out of Hungary, you could see the beautiful snow blanketing the mountains! absoloutly breathtaking! as we flew into Milano, Italia it was raining. Customs was hilarious! i stood in a line much quicker than dad's, so i got thru very quickly. as i stood waiting for him, the airline bag checkers came over and started flirting with me and making sexy faces trying to get me to take their picture. i couldnt help but laugh histarically at this steriotypical italian group of men while my dad passed through. my dad was deffinately not terribly thrilled with Italy and the services, since they were so busy being social they didnt have tome to clean anything. i loved it and want to stay there longer some time. Saint Petersbourg is absoloutly amazing! it is completely different from anywhere else i have been or could have imagined! it was about 20 F but i got used to it pretty quickly. We met our guide, Anna, who is going to help us in St Petersburg. after settling into our cute little hotel, we set off for a beautiful performance of russian folk dancing and music. there was a cossak group of dancers, and the music was spectacular. the ladies were stunningly beautiful and the men were hillarious! i think they enjoyed performing what i call russian break-dancing so much that they didnt need us to perform for (however, they were particularly interested in getting my dad to take pictures of them leaping into the air! at intermission, there were free hourderves served- I ate caviar! it tasted discusting but i felt cool 😉 Dad bought a CD from the music group. o, and since we are the first tourist 'group' of the season, we got a sweet gift package with a box of the finest russian chocolates, a very popular mouse stuffed toy and a bottle of champagne! pretty fancy!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb