Moscow Madness


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
September 5th 2011
Published: September 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=2xHMpJq9csQ]It's okay guys, you can breathe a sigh of relief, cash machines in Moscow like me, so I am no longer poor and desperate! Yay!

The train journey to Moscow was pretty intense, 4 days long in platskart which is 3rd class so basically one big open carriage with bunk beds in it. By the end of the trip the whole place stunk pretty bad I can tell 'ya!

If you want more info about our train journey, why not watch our 2nd video blog?


So Moscow! Moscow is pretty cool, actually. We didn't manage to see Lenin unfortunately as he's been closed to the public while we've been here. 😞 But we did have a wander round the Kremlin, Red Square, St Basil's, and Kitay Gorod. Which were all very cool. The architecture here is amazing, and when you walk around the city there are big gold topped churches every time you turn a corner! It's very impressive.

We also somehow managed to be here on City Day, which is the celebration of Moscow's birthday. So last night there were massive firework displays and we went to the State University (which is a VERY impressive building!) where they had a free open air show which had bands and then a guy climbing the uni whilst these massive projections were displayed on the uni building of like dragons and knights and stuff, followed by mroe massive fireworks. It was brilliant.

Tonight Ralph and I are off to St Petersberg, which is very exciting. However what is very sad is that Matt is now abandoning us to fly home tomorrow. He found out that he'd been called back for an urgent meeting at uni because he hadn't handed in some coursework, so his mum booked him a flight home. 😞 I hope he manages to sort everything out, I'm very sad he won't be continuing with the rest of the trip with us, especially since we've already bought half the train tickets!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb