Baby light my fire...!!!


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
March 28th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey hey hey!!!
So the overnight train from St. Petersburg to Moscow, utterly awesome, though when we arrived, the smell was quite pungent. 4-Berth compartments were mildly cramped, but it makes it all that more enjoyable, especially in a group situation, and fortunately i wasn't accussed of any snoring! When we arrived at the hostel and had dumped our bags, we headed straight out to the Red Square, probably what Mosocw is most famous for. St. Basil's Cathedral was a lot smaller than i had always imagined it to be, but the architecture still mighty impressive....Mr. Whippy would be proud.
Lenin's tomb was unfortunately closed for his bi-annual wash, which was a shame as it would have been cool to see the body of Communism's great pickled like a McDonald's cucumber. We did however get to see a massive eagle chilling in the square, accompanied by three monkeys bizarrly dressed in tracksuits...reminded me of a more intelligent version of Basingstoke.
Yesterday evening we went to the Vodka Museum, which is not very well known amongst tourists, but actually really interesting to learn the history of 14-year old chavs fave tipple. We of course sampled the brew, blueberry and mango flavours were delicious.
The amount of walking we do is knackering, so today i have just been chilling with Laura and Lidia, the 2 english girls, and hopefully in a bit we are going to go to a modern art museum and Gorky Park.
Tonight is voddie night, so the 4-day trip to siberia will be very achy. I will try and get some photos up asap, because i appreciate some of this stuff is a little hard to picture without photos. As i said, 4-day trip begins tomorrow, all very excited about the reading, card-playing and drinking (of tea and coffee) that will get done. Someone has just spewed up next to me and it reeks, so im going to make a move...i guess he needs some vodka from Mother Russia to stem the tide...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb