Moscow 2


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Moscow now. Tonight I'll leave for Irkutsk a almost four days trainride from here.

Yesterday morning me and Larissa went to get our traintickets at some travel agency. Took us a very long time to find the office but eventually we did and we got out tickets. Feels good to have them now. We are in different carriges though so we have to try to change when we get to the train station to night. Think I'll get use for my English-Russian dictionary I bought yesterday for only 55 Rubels (12 kr).

After getting the tickets we walked around for ages trying to find a good and not to expensive restaurant to get some food. Eventually found one that looked very nice but no one spoke a word of English and the menu was all in Russian. But one man, that must have been the owner or something, really tried to explain the menu to us using his whole body. He said he knew a litte French but didn't understand when Larissa tried to speak it. But thanks to my few Russian words for different kind of food, we managed to get grilled meat with bread. Was really good to have meat. So far we have mostly been eating pastries filled with different things. You never now what you get until you have a bite. Keep getting the ones with jam..

After the meal, that we paid 750 Rubels ( 170) for together, we went back to the Hostel to meet up with Janice and Kerry. Kerry, the English girl, had decided to go on the same train as me and Larissa to Irktuskt so we all went to a trainstation to try to get her a ticket. Have only heard horror stories of buying tickets on stations, every one keep saying that you should book through an agency but it went really smooth. I wrotedown on a note what train it was, which class and what day and it was all done.

Did some food shoping for the train. Some fruit, biscuits (found Swedish ginger bread!!), chocolate (took some international brands this time after trying several Russian brands that are really bad). Also bought a bottle of Vodka od course. It's madness that it's only costed 80 Rubels (20 kr)!

Back to the Hostel again to leave the evrything and the down to the Red square to take some night scene photos. A French guy, Adrien, who is also staying in our dorm, came with us. We got some really good photos. Will try to upload some of them now.

I had made up to meet Sergei, a Russian man that stayed at Rustad Hotel in Norway where I worked last winter, at 10 so Larissa, Kerry, Janice and Adrien waited for me til he got to the place we have decided to meet at (So relax mum, I'm not going anywhere alone her). Was great fun to weet Sergei again. He showed me some parts of the city I hadn't yet seen and to a look out point where you saw a good bit of Moscow. So beautiful. Then went to a cafe for some coffee and chocolate panncaces. Glad I haven't tried them before.

Got back to the hostel pretty late and went straight to bed. This morning we have just been packing. All four of us are leaving today. Will just realx and then go to the train station pretty early to find the right train and try to get us three into the same carrige (of course Kerry got into another one as well)

Am not really das about leaving Moscow, looking forward to do the train part now. But I really want to come back here in not too long. Summertime though..

Write again when I get to Sibiria!

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



23rd October 2007

Safe Trip!
Låter inte helt fel med en tur till moskwa, men jag tror jag letar reda på en tolk som får följa mig runt.haha. Ta det lugnt på tåget nu! Kram.
26th October 2007

hur många "lökar" var det på st: Basils?
om dt var nio så vet jag varför, ängla hirearkin består av nio sorters änglar nämligen, om inte så ... ja hur många var det `?

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb