The Baileys in Europe


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania
July 28th 2012
Published: July 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Whilst we have been on holiday Cob has been over in Romania working for a charity helping to build houses and accommodation for families. He initially had a couple of days acclimatisation to Bucharest before heading off to Rasnov and Brasov.

After an eventful train trip - for some reason Rasnov station is named something else ! - they got where they wanted to be but found the hostel fully booked so ended up sleeping on a local church floor or the duration.

Working as a group with the charity leaders they helped build extensions and accommodation for some families who were working hard for themselves but where for example one of the parents had died.

Conditions were pretty basic but the contribution Cob and the others made was important and of course Cob and the other volunteers all learnt great skills and experiences themselves. There was also a chance to play games with the local kids too introducing them to cricket as well as the more universal game of football.

Great experience for Cob and everyone else - well done!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb