Day 2 in Romania


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Sibiu » Sibiu
July 22nd 2015
Published: May 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Penison La TaifasPenison La TaifasPenison La Taifas

Our beautiful Pension, we had a wonderful host here. Madalina Folea made a wonderful breakfast every morning and even made typical Romanian meals for us.
So we are off to discover Romania, and very thankful that we did not drive any later than we did, as the was road work every where. Sometimes on the left side, then switch over and construction on the right side, oh and then 1/2 the road was completely gone! A little unnerving but again we had driven through Albania so we are ready for anything.

It took us over 6 1/2 hrs to do a 4 hour drive to our next destination, a lovely little Pension in a village just out side of Sibiu. We had hoped to stop along the way at Bethlen Castle as recommended by friends but between the heat and the extended drive we passed it up for another time.

We did how ever, after a little searching in the village find our Pension La Taifas in Saliste.( GPS doesn't always find the proper streets in Eastern Europe.) We have learned to get out and walk about to find things. The Pension was more that we could have expected, and the village was so quant , the little children wanted to talk to us every day to learn english.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Eurome relaxing in the gardenEurome relaxing in the garden
Eurome relaxing in the garden

Pension La Taifas was surrounded by beautiful gardens, lovely and cool to relax in on the hot summer days. Here also the weather has been hot and humid every day.
Village lifeVillage life
Village life

It warms my heart I guess to see the simple life of some of the villages still working the old ways.
DoorsDoors
Doors

Absolutly fasinated with doors , so I had to include a couple.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb