ten toes in lisbon now Porto


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern
February 12th 2015
Published: February 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi
Now 12 February and last day here in Porto.
9.30am and need to pack shortly but that will not take too long.
No report last night as ,Guppy, was very low in power and connection here in the bar eating area were occupied.
Yes drizzle so went to the photography museum which was good to see.
One exhibition on world war one of photos of the trenches and life and conditions.
Another exhibition was about immigrant of the 60s and 70s..... Spanish women going to Germany to work in the textile industry, Portuguese men going to Belgium to work in the mines, so was interesting.
Then a slow walk to boavista square to get nd eat lunch. Was croissants and octupus.
Next thought I could not leave Porto and not taste Port so headed over the river to Caia and to the ....Porto Cruz..... outlet and enjoyed two short videos and then sampled Pink Port... yes there new port trying to give the image of port a modern twist.
Was fruity and taste.... and 0ne Euro 80 per drink . Some of the other brands offer a tour etc for 5 euros .... people seem to enjoy them... but nOT for me.
Back over the river for Mass at 6PM .
Brought a onion and fried it and had it with bread and cheese, tasty...
Was unable to contact Tina yesterday so better luck tonight perhaps.
They are away this weekend... not sure where they are going...???
Until my next blog have a great day.
Love Anne



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.243s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb