ten toes in lisbon now Porto


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern
January 28th 2015
Published: January 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi
8.45PM and here in Porto
On third floor ... attic .... my feet touch the ceiling, so must remember to not knock my head too much. About 10 in the room, but warm and a good blanket and not a bunk, so has a lot going for it.
Two nights in Fatima, my own room with balcony overlooking a park and five minutes walk away from the nes church. As winter time they use one of through chapels under the main church...... holds about 400 people ... a female with a good voice yesterday,, similar to the ones at Santiago and Lisbon, and then today a priest also with a good voice.... helps to keep the church goers in tune..... most churches I have been when singing has happened it has been good..
Last night listened to the radio in Fatima.. and at 7.50PM. The music station I was listening to the rosary was said..... well I have been to enough Masses here early to know what the hail Mary is in Spanish and Portuguese.... so that was good..
The old bascilica is getting a makeover so is not able to be seen from the inside but the atmosphere about the place is peaceful and surprising quiet.... good time to go ... Monday in winter... population is 8,000 with accommodation for 10,000....
One can do the station of the cross in amongst the olive trees. .. once again a peaceful and a good feeling about the place..... I particularly like the church... the back seat was the door area .... very surreal... Did it twice.......
Bus trip took two hours to cover 195km... passing Forrest of pine and eucalyptus trees,
Vineyards, .
Tomorrow a new town to explore and discover new route to walk..... and yes yet more hills.... getting use to the now.... my feet and shoes Srebrenica doing me well.
Until perhaps tomorrow.
Love Anne

Advertisement



Tot: 0.274s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb