Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Vila Praia de Ancora
April 2nd 2017
Published: April 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

1st April

Woke to the sound of rain...hey ho! Packed away, put the coordinates in the Dyson & headed for Portugal as apparently it’s sunnier there. Cathy needed a fix so we stopped at a Lidl, then filled up with fuel as we were told that it’s more expensive in Portugal. We also stopped off at two tyre places to have the tracking checked – good fun trying sign that one so I Googled it & the tyre fitters just laughed so goodness knows what it said, probably ‘Please check the cartwheels on my chariot’ – but Billy was too long for their ramps. On the way south Cathy had two run ins with the Dyson, one of which was shouting keep left but wildly gesticulating right....what I have to put up with.

It rained.

Arrived in Portugal having crossed a huge bridge over a river that had loads of mussel ropes hung from floats. The site just near Caminha is in a beautiful setting of pine woods right next to the river & close to the sea. It’s one of the three sites that wanted a deposit when I booked in the UK...then the sun came out, hooray! Nearby to us are a Swiss couple about our age but I think they’re born again hippies – he has long hair & wear those type of clothes..and they have hung a multicoloured wind thingy in a tree that you normally see at festivals. We were going to have walk round but Cathy Fell asleep whilst I was writing this. Portugal runs on GMT, so I’m glad my fitbit watch didn’t change to Europe time the other week.

Sun was lovely..until it disappeared behind trees so we moved pitch which only takes 5 minutes in Billy. Sat in the sunshine we took the chance to review our sites & changed another in late April. Forecast for tomorrow is good too so it will be on the bikes to the pretty town..& there’s a cycle track all along the river.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.277s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb