BAM!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
April 10th 2016
Published: April 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

It’s the Second Sunday in April, April 10, 2016 and the sun has just burst out after the heaviest rain shower of the trip. The Internet Weather says COASTAL EVENT meaning we have high winds and intermittent sun and rain. We are still in Porto, Portugal until tomorrow. Larry and I like this town a lot. It’s smaller than Lisbon, about half a million. It has old world charm on every street. But Cusack just about did himself in yesterday when he was walking out of our hotel and tried to walk through the unopened clear glass door. BAM. He didn’t fall down but he has a nice goose-egg bruise over his left eyebrow. I was concerned yesterday that he might have a slight concussion, so I watch him carefully throughout the afternoon, and put ice on it, and by evening the swelling had subsided. Last evening we went out for a fairly long walk and a simple dinner and this morning he’s fine. As you can imagine, I’m relieved.I've spent much of the morning after breakfast reading, editing pictures and emailing family and friends. We ran into a couple from England who urged us to make a reservation for a restaurant down the street for tonight. They raved about going there last evening and only spending 126 euros. The place does look beautiful but I think we'll save some of those restaurant euros for the 7 more days we have in Portugal or the 10 days we have coming up in Madrid.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.282s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0754s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb