porto


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
June 29th 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

we got to porto on the night and managed to make our way to la ribera.

we got there and we got ready to go out but found that everywhere was closed for fuck sake!

we got back and taylor started to cook. we made friends with 2 old women who insisted trying to talk to us in Portuguese thinking we would understand. as usual every1 relied on me to talk! they told us the police would end up causing a fuss with us parked where we were parked because the whole area was a public transport area for taxi's, busses and trams.

they ended up pinching about 5fags and a glass of port but in return they give us a glass of home made wine, 4croissant type things, 4pears and a brush to clean the carpet in the camper van. they even said they would wake us up in the morning when the police came so that we could get up and move

-------------------------------------------------

we woke up anyway with the heat and we were surrounded by taxi's, coahes, trams, cars and police. the police were pulling cars of the road and searching them for nothing. they looked at us and told us to move on.

that day we looked around porto and me and danilo had a slight argument....danilo's phone ended up out of the window!

that night i spoke to philippa and asked her what time she arrived in Lisbon so that we knew what time we would have to leave porto tomoro. couldn't believe my ears when she told me she arrived in porto NOT lisbon!!!! fuckin hell man!

that night we parked next to the river on the other side to try and get closer to the bars. we went out and sat in a bar and bought €4pints of superbock and cocktails that we weren't supposed to have. i think he might have been gay, he made good cocktails tho! don't think ross liked that whiskey tho especially as he threw it up left and right!

we walked back to the camper van and danilo climbed a tree!

well we're all in bed now, well ross is in bed first as usual

these dudes outside don't look as though they're gonna cause much bother so its nite nite

-------------------------------------------------

the next day i woke up to car horns right outside the camper van as there was traffic next to us.

we bought some presents then made our way into the centre again and went to an irish bar to pass some time before going to pick philippa up from the airport.


Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

P6300089P6300089
P6300089

fake beach with a toilet on it....ross


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb