Escaping the rain... Povoa de Varzim


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
June 15th 2007
Published: September 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The view from our hotel The view from our hotel The view from our hotel

Well it's actually from Bernie and Shaun's room
Time for our next adventure. We got up early and drove up to Preston in the rain (again). We met up with Shaun and got out to “John Lennon” airport in Liverpool where we met Bernie with plenty (hours) of time before our flight to Porto in Portugal. We got off the flight and picked up our hire car only to go in the wrong direction and get completely lost! We ended up hailing a taxi and following him to our hotel where we had dinner and went to bed exhausted.

Friday we headed north to the resort town of Povoa de Varzim. Along the way we were stuck in traffic for seemingly no reason, only to realise that we were in the path of a cycling race. It added a bit of adventure to the trip as the cyclists whizzed by in a large mass. We also stopped-off at a local market in one of the villages along the way, complete with live ducklings and rabbits. Our hotel was quite nice and on the beach. We spent the day wandering up into town, had a lunch at a local café and started on the Sangria. We had some difficulty finding somewhere to eat that night but ended up in a local eatery and had to learn some quick vocab. We ended the night at a little bar with a live band where the boys polished off some strong and expensive sangria while Bern and resorted to beer after the first glass.

Unfortunately it was a bit cool for any serious foray into the gorgeous looking pool although we did brave it one day and absolutely froze! At least the sun was out!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0278s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb