Porto - 2nd day


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
June 28th 2007
Published: June 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Portugal - Porto - Day 2

Hi Everyone

This entry is about our 2nd day in Porto.

We started off the day with a open top bus tour around Porto and managed to see heaps of the major sights, about a million chruchs and momuments, there seems to be one on every second corner there.

Our bus trip ended down by the Douro river where the grapes are grown to make authentic Portugese Port, it is a beautiful setting with a lot of new restaurants and a great view of the old Port city.

We went port tasting at Sandemans and Grahams and a couple of other cute little places.
They have really little winding roads going back from the waterfront and they speed around the corners and just beep their horn to let cars coming the other way know they are coming.
Was quite an interesting walk back down to the waterfront after a few ports, we pretty much hugged the walls all the way back down.

The port here is so yummy, I don't usually drink it but even I liked most of the Ports we tried. The best was the white port which you can drink chilled with Tonic water and lemon over ice - YUM! Adam hooked in a glass of 20 year old ruby port which he liked best.
So anyway after a few ports Adam and I decided to do a mini pub crawl around the waterfront bars and restaurants, had a good time but ended up pissed, tired and back in our hostel in bed before the majority of the rest of the people in Porto even made it down to the area, ha ha.
Oh well probably a good thing as we are still pretty much on budget.

I will try and upload from photos soon, it takes ages and haven´t had time yet and we are about to be kicked out the internet cafe so the owner can have their afternoon siesta.

Love Ellen and Adam



Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb