Sand Sculpture Festival


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Lagos
July 20th 2017
Published: July 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Went to see the world’s largest “Sand City” today. This area hosts the FIESA International Sand Sculpture Festival every year. When we first arrived, I wasn’t too impressed; however, once we got past the large sculpture blocking our view, we realized how big the place was! OMG. I couldn’t believe the number of sculptures. I provided some of the write-ups that were at each of the sculptures. Each one had a plaque that explained the work and gave the name(s) of the artist(s) and where they were from. Some of the sculptures are pretty self-explanatory. The American guy who did his of Trump was quite interesting (even down to the comb-over). :-) I went out online to watch videos of how this type of sculpting is done, pretty amazing! Here is the link to one in particular (https://www.google.pt/?gws_rd=cr&ei=26ZxWfi0KYH1ULeUiJgN#q=sand+sculpture+video). There are a ton of pictures, so I hope you enjoy!

The weather here is still beautiful. We will have to wait until the weather warms up a bit today to walk on the beach. Awoke to temps in the mid 60's (It's July 21st!!). Walking on cold sand barefooted can be quite uncomfortable. :-) Bye, for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb