out and about again


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
February 17th 2004
Published: February 17th 2004
Edit Blog Post

so. felt my bottom itching again. after a few months of silence i speak again with my voice still full of this 'somewhere else' feeling. this was spontaneous. the decision to go to Israel and to have a real piece of what the media feed us with. yet again, the image of rioting terrorists setting bombs in any spare public place, had to be challenged by what i saw throughout those two weeks. a small land painted in so many colours where the culture is vivid by its variety, its constant movement, impatience, uncertainty. i just opened my eyes and tried to grab a handful of its life.
the north. vast landscapes of juicy green, mild in its look and feeling. somewhere in the distance looms mt hermon, my temptation but not realized ambition. even the ever present military trucks seem to melt into the background of the green hills.
the south. the land where only the rocks burgeon. at first shy in its appearance, becomes more and more decisive about its looks, changes into sharp features, layers of millions of years old stone and sand. here the sunset is the whole nature and colour performance leaving me with an open mouth and a craving camera for its purples and reds. the silence of a cold night somewhere above the crater. the road to Israel's shpitz of Eilat along the rough line of the desert's mountains. finally, the nature's best just below the Red Sea's surface...
but it's not only nature that makes this place a million dollar lottery. it's the history, the religious spirit of the place that spills all over you. it's the people and them being different.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb