another look at Poo-land


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Masovia » Warsaw
September 13th 2007
Published: September 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


'home?''home?''home?'

this is the entrance to our 'home'. the building at the end is our monestry.
well, another day has pasted and i must change my opinion in regards to poilsh people....THEY ARE SOO RUDE its upsetting. we went to the shops last night so i could buy a rain jacket, and i found one i was gonna buy, but when i went up to the counter,,,,even though the doors were still open, they said very rudely that the machine had broken, they were shut, and for us to go home! we were so pissed off at them. in australia the customer is king,,but here, the customer is treated worthless, and like shit.they all laugh at us too, and clearly talk about us in front of us in polish, and just mockingly laugh. they seem to have no sense of politeness. in the streets, no one smiles, and if you smile at them, they stare you down. only two people have smiled at us, and that was the guards for the unknown soldier from WW11, who we were making crack up, and then one of them winked at us,,, and a sercurity guard at Empik, who must of like the way we looked, so even opened the door for us.
besides that to bring your spirits down....its
shoppingshoppingshopping

in tesco on a 'teach the kids how to shop' trip!
been good. we are still the anti-socials of the group, but kind of like it that way. i think if i met these aussies in adelaide, i wouldnt like them, so why bother pretending im best friends here. they're not really the people i'd hang around or make friends with. im desperatly hoping for placement to come around....which is only two days now. i just want to get to my school, and start my new temp life, not having to worry about impressing people by getting smashed every night.
so, this is not a glum blog, its just the real side of life. no point telling you all how wonderfully magnicifent it is, coz although it is,, there's still the down side.
so i'll leave you all now with that to chew, and stew. we're off to school now to buy train tickets for saturday, and then sit though anouther boring lesson of grammer, and teaching skills. but then we have a special 'how to teach blind kids' lesson, which should be interesting.
photos will come soon, when i start using my lap top.
love n miss you all.take care of yourselves!
xxoo


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

oakoak
oak

the big oak tree behind the monestry...look really closely, im at the base.its a big tree!
yumyum
yum

yummy ice cream. i specialty here. marina, kira n elle sharing yum with me
sexy looksexy look
sexy look

this is how to have a 'sexy look' in poland. as easy as cream!
nunnun
nun

i thought this was just funny.....


14th September 2007

.
$5000 well spent, told ya commy's sucked. You just had to look at garth.
15th September 2007

once poled, twice axed
Yeah people suck all over the world it's true. Don't let 'em get you down though, just remember the joke's on them -- they're stupid and their food isn't that great either:-[ What we need's another war!! *bangs table with fist*

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb