1st Day Teaching and Opole Trip


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lower Silesian » Wroclaw
September 4th 2010
Published: September 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So Thursday was our first day teaching students. We had 5 classes each, 1 class of 17 yr olds and 4 of 16 year olds. All we did was introductions pretty much so it went fine. Most of the students speak good enough English for me to understand but a few are almost complete beginners. Either way, I will have 20 classes each week, with all different students each class. I only teach each student once a week. Its great because I only have to plan out 1 lesson per week. Friday morning we had to get up early to catch the 8:45 bus to arrive in Wroclaw at 9:55, then take a train from there leaving at 10:08 to Opole, where our boss lives. (The train and bus station are right next to each other) Well our bus arrived late and we got some wrong information about when the next train would leave so we ended up leaving 2 hours late at 12:20 getting to Opole at 1:35. We had to speed over to the office to register our address (apparently everyone in Poland staying longer than 3 days has to register where they are living. Then we rushed over to the building to get our visas but they were already closing, so they gave us all the paperwork and we will have to come back again next Friday, but on an earlier bus so that we can actually make the 10:08 train. We also got our checking accounts set up and our debit cards. We stayed at a friend of our boss's house. Her name was something like Angelika and she had a 15 year old son Sebastian. Their house was beautiful!!! Like a country house mixed with a Spanish influence. Ate breakfast there on Saturday morning then got a train back to Wroclaw at 10:55. After an hour and 20 minute train ride, we were there. We walked down the road a little to this really nice shopping mall, ate lunch (not good food), looked for shoes and clothes, didn't find anything reasonably priced, then decided to stay there and see a movie instead of walking to the town square since it was raining. They were playing Salt in English so we saw that, pretty good movie. Ate some ice cream, walked back to the bus station, got the 8:00 bus, was back in Sycow by 9, walked home, ate dinner, and got to finally sleep in this morning!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb