The Big Day- Tim and Natalia’s Wedding


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lower Silesian » Wroclaw
August 31st 2019
Published: September 1st 2019
Edit Blog Post

An early start as I needed to exit my hotel. Packed and wandered over to my sisters hotel to leave my luggage as we were heading out to the Palace, an hour from Wroclaw, for the Tim and Natalia’s wedding.

The yellow wedding bus arrives to transport us all out to the Palace to check in to our accommodation for the night before taking us to the Church for the ceremony.

The marriage ceremony was simple and within a Mass in a Church centuries old. This Church had its own crypt that was a piece of art in its own right.

It’s always interesting to observe and participate in the differing cultures of other countries. Simple but meaningful.

The four gun salute of cellophane confetti awaiting the married couple outside the Church was a sight to behold. And when the breeze sent it into sparkling whirlpools the delight on the young children’s faces was delightful.

Then back on the yellow wedding bus to the castle for the reception which began full on at 4pm, ending at 4am the next morning.

Things I have learnt about a Polish wedding......

1. Hospitality is in their DNA ?
2. Food, food and more food.
3. Vodka shots bring all cultures together.
4. Fun is paramount.
5. Endless stamina
6. Party games avail.
7. The wedding celebrations continue into the afternoon the next day.

A good time was had by all! The Aussie contingent taught the Polish Nutbush on the dance floor and left their mark.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

The Wedding BusThe Wedding Bus
The Wedding Bus

Made our way to a central connection and was bussed to the Palace about an hour away.
Waiting for the bride and groom to appear!Waiting for the bride and groom to appear!
Waiting for the bride and groom to appear!

Two men on each side with exploding guns of cellophane confetti
The Palace The Palace
The Palace

My bed for the night and wedding reception venue.
The menu for the reception.The menu for the reception.
The menu for the reception.

Food food and more food !!!!!


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb