Finally Clear skies


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Zakopane
July 6th 2007
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Zakopane is a fantastic vortex we only intended on staying here 2 nights we've now been here for 5! we have been determined to wait out the torrential rain as you cant go hiking in the rain! So finally today are luck pulled through and a pretty much day came our way. So to make the most of it we decided to clime a mountain! It took about 3hours and we only made it to the lower peak. Zakopane is the type of place with so much to do but it has to be nice weather, people could come here travelling and never leave its strange like that. Two american girls in our hostel were Hiking when a man completely naked save his hiking boots jumped out on to the path, manipulating himself, it was probably a traveller that couldnt leave, went insane and decided to live in the woods. But anyway seriously zakopane has been ace, so relaxing I would like to come back in winter.
Next it is Slovakia, its time to change country poland has been great but its time to hit the road. We have to bus it to Poprad in Slovakia and the get a train to Bratislava as there are no rail connections between Zakopane and Slovakia. So now i have to learn new words for thank you, please, where is the toilet etc... But thats a good thing. We decided when we get back to the Isle of Man we'll shock the Polish workers in KFC with a polish thankyou...


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb