Bystre - Kraków: patience required!


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
May 15th 2005
Published: December 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sunset over KrakówSunset over KrakówSunset over Kraków

The view from Dagmara's balcony. Nicer than Leeds 9. [A Postal District of East Leeds]
Sunday 15 May

We decided to travel back to Kraków because of the damp weather and poor forecast for the mountain reigons. We went to the swimming pool, included in the £9 price per person for a room at Bystre. There was no one about as we entered the labyrinthine building, so we had the pool to ourselves. Afterwards we had a meal in the restaurant which had a cavernous feel to it as the conference groups had gone, and the bar and restaurant resounded to 80s hits (I reckon it went with the décor!).

Then the transport fun started. It was three hours on the bus from Bystre to Rzeszów via Lesko, and despite having a quicker bus to Rzeszów, we missed the fast train back to Kraków. Fortunately we were in time for the slow train to Tarnów. But from Tarnów the next slow train was full and stopped at every village, getting fuller and fuller, so it felt like a long ordeal.

In the evening we made it back to Dagmara's flat and we we treated to a magnificent sunset over Skała Twardowskiego and the Kopiec (pointy mound) across the River Vistula.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb