Krakow - 50° 03' North


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
April 3rd 2009
Published: April 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We some how made the train at 11.15 from Warsaw to Krakow - God knows how maybe thanks to Jurian's diligence cause at this point in my travels laziness is starting to kick in. No deadlines, no due dates, no phone calls - except to check in with the olds everyone once in while - but after the passport joke they had had enough of me for a while.

4 hours was the train journey - Rhian and Alex nearly didn't make it, but with 10 mins to go who should come tripping down the escalator with her snowplough on tiny wheels (suitcase). The train ride was kewl and we were stoked to find out we got free meal and tea. I have become such a bum.

Once in krakow, we part ways with the girls and head to Nathan's Villa Hostel which is in the south of the city a good 25 min walk from the station and south of Krakow Castle. Jurian and I check in and then immediately head for some food and into the old town. For the record those pretzels rock.

Now the weather in Krakow - is Great! Literally really blue skys and you can look directly at the orange orb in the sky - you forget what that is when you are in london for so long. We make it to the old town square and spend 25mins walking around before the hot weather and beautiful sunshine determine that it is infact beer o'clock. God rested on the 7th day and came up with the 11th commandment which is "thou shalt have beer at beer oclock".

Here we remain for a good 3 to 4 hours - all though the beers are costing us 10zl each which is expensive it is about 1.3pds, so really cheap. However this waiter was struggling to serve people - grass could grow eyes and then watch paint dry before you'll get a drink. The girls joined for 1 beverage before they decide to head to cook their dinner. Sweet and Sour Pasta - the recipe jamie oliver left out of his cooking book.

The sun set and we headed back to the hostel for a feed - for 10zl it was all you could eat bbq. Awesome

Here we met the fellas - who were to become our drink buddies for the next few nights.

After a few games of killer pool we headed out to explore the Krakow night life. Many people we over for a long weekend. Had a sculling competetion two liverpool uni boys VS the two Aussies (Richie and I). Needless to say the liverpool boys were disgraced. The night continued with many drinks and a lot of fun.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb