Exploring Main Square


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Kraków
May 8th 2007
Published: December 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Deciding to stick close to the hotel, we decided to explore Main Square. This place is HUGE!! The place we’re staying at is at the center of the square, so we had quite a bunch of walking to do. It’s measured at two hundred meters squared! All we did was walk around and just get to know the place. We focused on trying new foods. We tried their famous polish sausages, which was served with sauerkraut. The first bite was interesting, but the more you ate, the more you savored the taste. One other thing that I tasted was called Zeberka w Miodzie. It’s a main dish- spare ribs in honey. One word…..delicious! It was so good! I think I might try making it when we get back home.
What caught our eye today were mimes. There were actual mimes in the square! It was so cool. I’ve never seen one, so I was just so amazed at how they did things. Abby and I were just sitting down cracking up laughing. If you ever get the chance to see a mime, you should just sit down and watch them copy people passing by, it’s hilarious.
While walking in the square, we got to see such a beautiful building, it’s called Cloth Hall. Back then, it used to be where all the merchants used to gather and talk business. This building was just so amazing and pretty. It often serves as host to many festivals and events. This was the only thing that Abby and I explored today; this place is so big that we need more than one day to go through it. So we’re done for today, I think we’re just going to rest and hang out downstairs.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb