The Climax


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland » Lesser Poland » Auschwitz
May 19th 2007
Published: December 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We woke up this morning at around 6:45, ate breakfast, and left the house by 7:30 a.m. We drove for almost two and half hours, to a town called Oswiecim. This town is a very popular place for tourists because it is home to the concentration camps. The camp that we visited today is called Auschwitz I. The reason why it’s called Auschwitz I is because there’s another camp called Auschwitz-Berkenau. But we’re going to that camp tomorrow. For those of you who don’t know what kind of concentration camps I’m talking about, they’re camps that were established during WWII. They were used to punish and kill those who were not wanted. Around the buildings are double-electric fences, gas chambers, and crematoriums. If everyone found out what these people went through at these camps, they’d rather choose death than endure. We got to see what was called the Wall of Death. It was like an alley and at the end was a wall. The prisoners were lined up against the wall and one by one they were executed. The left side of the alley was where the women stayed and all the windows were covered with boards so that they wouldn’t be able to watch the executions. We also got to go into the crematoriums, where bodies were slid with a metal slide, into brick cremation ovens. Most of the homosexuals were imprisoned here, in Auschwitz I.
For all of those who want to take a life-changing trip, I suggest taking a trip to Poland to visit these camps. You don’t know what endurance is until you see what people back then had to go through.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb